It is my favorite time of the year when the reading rush rolls around because July is usually my best reading month. It is the last month of the summer (for me) which means I am usually skipping away on holiday. Things are a little different this year with the virus and staying at home. I found that at the beginning of lockdown I was less motivated to do much of anything. Well June was kind of a bad month with everything going on (It was my birthday month though) so when the reading rush announcement dropped I was excited. I feel like I’m finally getting back into reading (aka stay tuned for some book reviews) over the past month which has me more than excited for The Reading Rush.
I have included the list of prompts which can be found on their website here. Prompt four will be decided the day of the readathon! It’ll be the pick I decide to pick up first.
- Challenge 1 – June (Pearl) – In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Challenge 2 – The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
- Challenge 3 – Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Challenge 5 & 7 – Binti by Nnedi Okorafor
- Challenge 6 – No One is Too Small To Make A Difference by Greta Thunberg
I definitely plan to double up where I can on books simply because I do not want to overdo it. Are you guys taking part in the reading rush? Are we reading any of the same books? I’d love to have a buddy read or two during the reading rush to keep me motivated!