It’s finally my favorite month of the year besides my birthday month. October is the time of year that I dive into anything and everything spooky. I’m a huge scaredy cat yet I still really enjoy spooky things. I just got back from seeing IT so I’m pumped for halloween. I am taking part in a horror read-a-thon over at Books & Tea server so I highly recommend you check it out.
I was the one who wrote the reading challenges for it so hehehehe you should really check it out. I am going to tell you what I’m reading and the challenges I’ll be completing in October.
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King – This should really not be a surprise since I just got back from seeing IT. I am stoked to dive into Stephen King especially since he is my nana’s favorite author.
- House of Furies by Madeline Roux – The cover alone is why I want to read it so much. I think it’s going to give me the creeps in the best way possible.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley – Who would I be if I didn’t add a classic to this list? This book corresponds to the last book. I have had Frankenstein on my shelf for ages so it’s time to read it.
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee – It’s a steampunk Frankenstein inspired novel. That is literally all I have to say about this book.
- I recently finished A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay (I was too excited to wait until October so expect a review for that soon)
The Challenges I’ll Be Completing
~ Read a book at night
~ Paranormal Book
~ Recommend a Book (Night Film) ~ Spooky book review ~Pick a horror novel without reading the synopsis (The Bazaar of Bad Dreams)
~ Buddy read a horror novel x3
~ Read a book over 200 pages
What are you guys reading for the month of October?