Hello! I figured the best way to get back into the swing of things on this blog is to declare my reading and blogging goals for the year. I will be honest that the past few years I haven’t read nearly as much as I used to due to school and life. Let’s get on with the goals!
- My overall reading goal for 2021 is to read around 30 books this year. I set my goal to 10 books last year and read 16 books. I feel like I am in a much better place this year to move forward with reading. I don’t think 30 books will be unachievable for me.
- I wanna do more buddy reads because for me those really help me get back into reading especially after a slump. I’m very thankful for the people who did buddy reads with me in 2020.
- I want to read more in general which means I want to read more consistently. I am currently doing a little challenge to read 30 pages a day in January. Have I read everyday? No, but I’m reading way more than 30 pages a day. It’s been a way to get myself to consistently read more.
- GET MY PHYSICAL TBR DOWN! I inherited every Stephen King book known to man from my nana in 2019 so my TBR grew incredibly large. I believe I’m sitting at roughly 200 physical books that I have not read. I’m a series binger so I’ll buy the books in a series so I can binge them later. Have I binged them? No. I am trying to get my physical tbr down this year excluding the Stephen King books (which make up about 70 of the 200 books). Ideally, I would like to get it down to maybe 70. I also need to be more open about donating books I am no longer interested in and getting books via library or kindle.
- I wanna try and post once or twice a month!
- Diversify my content on my blog whether it is more bookish content like owl crate unboxings, hauls, book to movie reviews, and etc to more lifestyle related content.
- Stop worrying about the numbers because that is partially why I stepped away from blogging. I was obsessed with numbers which I think rubbed off from the other book bloggers I was hanging out with because numbers meant more chances that you’ll get picked for an arc or get noticed. Blogging for me is just a place to write my thoughts and hope for the best!
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post. I want to hear more about what your goals are for the year regarding reading or blogging.