I recently watched a video for a new readathon by one of my favorite youtubers April so please give that video a watch for more information. I am currently on spring break which means this readathon works out perfectly for me. I have been in the worst reading slump so I’m hoping this will kick things into gear. I am going to go into the list of challenges and state which book fits those challenges.
- 1. Read a book that you acquired recently
- 2. Read a book with a beautiful cover
- 3. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for ages
- 4. Read a book with your favourite colour on the cover
- 5. Read a hyped book or a book that has been recommended to you
- 6. Read a book that you’re EXCITED to read
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson – I recently acquired this book, the cover is beautiful, and it is a hyped book
- Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman – I have been meaning to read this for ages especially now that I have seen the movie and it has my favorite color as the background!
- Rebel Rising by Beth Revis – I am honestly just really excited to read this book!
Are you guys taking part in any upcoming readathons? I am always on the hunt for suggestions so please let me know! Have you read any of the books I’m planning on reading?
You may have noticed from my new avatar + my new banner on my previous post that I finally had a logo designed. I reached out to a good friend of mine who I have known for five years. I knew that if I wanted to rebrand myself that she was the person to go to for that!
I have been obsessed with mermaids for a long time hence the name of the blog. I wanted something that was fun and cute. She took my ideas and turned them into something amazing. You should expect to see both images quite a bit on this blog from this moment forward.
If you are looking for someone to design your logo then I highly reccomend you check out Sunnii.Day! Her prices are really good, she’s super sweet, and her art is amazing!
I haven’t written an actual blog post in ages for this blog! You know not even remember me. I will go ahead and introduce myself to be safe. My name is Emmie and I run Tea With Mermaids. I am here to talk about reading slumps because for the past few months since the new year I have been in one.
Reading slumps really suck because they make the most appealing books the least appealing whenever you aren’t in the mood. I have picked up plenty of books over the past few months. Nothing has really stuck for me which is really trying to bring me down. I am hoping reading some Nancy Drew will kick me out of this slump. Here are some of my tips for how to get out of reading slumps
- Read a book from your favorite series whether it’s a reread or not! This is what I am currently doing with Nancy Drew! I am reading a book from a new series in hopes that will cure me.
- Read shorter books like poetry, short stories, graphic novels, and etc.
- Ask for recommendations from your friends or the internet! You never know their book recommendation might end up kicking you out of the slump.
- Listen to audio books!
It’s okay if you are in a reading slump! Don’t let other people make you feel bad because you haven’t picked up a book in nearly three months or a year. It happens to all of us! Do you guys have any book recommendations for reading slumps?
Hey guys! I know it’s been a while since I have posted anything on this blog. I realized that I don’t want my blog to only focus on books. I want something much more interactive. This blog will still focus on books so fear not the bookish content isn’t going away. I am just going to try and integrate more than just bookish content. I hope you all are okay with that!
I told you guys I was coming back to the blogging universe after the first of the year. I’m starting it off with a short but sweet blog post. I am planning on taking part in the beat the backlist challenge for this year. I was split between Popsugar’s reading challenge and this one for a bit. I noticed that all of my friends were doing this one so I figured I would hop on the bandwagon. You can find out more information about what Beat the Backlist is here because they explain it way better than I can.
- I want to read at least 15 books off of my physical TBR pile since most of my TBR pile consists of books released in 2017 and back.
- Post reviews for each book that I read throughout the year
- Have fun reading a different variety of books!
Are you guys taking part in Beat the Backlist? What are your reading goals or tbr for the challenge?
Hey! I am going to keep this super brief because I’m sure you guys are wondering where I have been. I have been going through a lot the past month with school, some real life stuff, and etc so blogging hasn’t been a priority. I have been having really bad panic attacks as well so I just haven’t been in the right mind set. I plan to start blogging again consistently starting January 1st so please stay tuned so see my epic return!
Okay so I am very excited because I finally received my BOTM box. My good friend Heather @ Bookandwords recommended the book subscription service to me…back in April? May? and she still enjoys the service. I decided to finally give the book subscription a shot this month because I liked the options.
I decided to go with Bonfire by Krysten Ritter since it has been on my wishlist for ages. I got really excited when I heard that the queen herself was going to write a book. This book is everything I would expect from a woman like Krysten. It has suspense, drama, and intrigue. I hope to get to this book soon so a review will be up within the next week or two. I am buddy reading it with a friend of mine so I would like to finish it by the weekend.
Overall, I am really pleased with Book of the Month club. Their packaging was super cute, the book was wrapped up nicely, and it shipped pretty quickly. If you are interested in joining I have a referral code of sorts that you can use! Did you guys get anything from BOTM club this month or in the past? Did you enjoy the books?